Causes, Symptoms & Treatments Of Female Infertility And Sterility
If you are trying to get pregnant but without any considerable result, it means you are suffering from infertility. It means you are having unprotected sex for at least a year but no success story. There are multiple causes of infertility. The most common reasons are the kind of lifestyle you are living and the unhealthy food habits nowadays.
Female infertility is difficult to diagnose. Based on the cause, the treatment facility is subject to differ. There are multiple infertile couples, who will end up conceiving a child without any treatment as well! Learning the symptoms is of utmost importance here.
Get along with the symptoms:
The primary symptom is when you are having unprotected sex for a minimum of 1 year and still not able to conceive. Any menstrual cycle, which is too long like 35 days or more, or too short that is less than 21 days can cause some trouble to conceive.
On the other hand, the absent or irregular period can also mean you are not properly ovulating. Apart from that, it is hard to come across any sign or symptom of infertility among women.
The causes behind women's infertility:
For the pregnancy to take place, it is mandatory for every step of the human reproduction procedure to take place correctly. Some of these steps are mentioned below for reference.
- Either one of the ovaries must release a mature egg.
- Then the egg needs to be picked up by the fallopian tube.
- Sperm will swim up the cervix and into the fallopian tube to fertilize the egg.
- Then the fertilized egg will travel through the fallopian tube to reach the uterus, where it will attach to the inside of the uterus and starts to grow.
But, among these steps, a lot of issues can occur resulting in infertility. Some of those are mentioned below.
- Ovulation disorder:
Infrequent ovulation or not ovulating at all can be one major cause of infertility. Any kind of issue with the regulation of reproductive hormones by the pituitary gland or hypothalamus or even issues in the ovary will result in ovulation disorders. Some of those are PCOS, hypothalamic dysfunction, primary ovarian insufficiency, or the present of too much prolactin.
- Damaged fallopian tubes:
Damaged fallopian tubes will often keep the sperm from getting to the egg or just block the passage of fertilized egg within the uterus. Some of the causes behind fallopian tube damage are pelvic inflammatory disease or any previous surgery in the pelvis or abdomen area.
Endometriosis takes place when tissue starts growing in uterus implants and other places. This excess growth will result in scarring, which in turn will block the fallopian tubes and will prevent the sperm and egg from uniting.
The treatment plans:
When it comes to female infertility, the treatment will depend solely on the cause. Specialists from our centre will recommend examining the situation first before approaching the right personalised treatment plan. Apart from checking out the origin of infertility, other factors will influence the treatment choice like women’s age, health conditions and more. Some of the major treatment plans are:
- Scheduled intercourse: For any mild infertility like anovulation, scheduled intercourse is a must. During such instances, ovulation-inducing drugs are used and the intercourse will get scheduled.
- IVF: For any severe female infertility, IVF is the most promising result to consider under expert guidance only. Our team from Archish IVF is more than happy to help with that!
- Artificial Insemination: It is one assisted reproductive technique, used when the woman is young and the partner’s sperm falls under good quality.
Archish IVF is here:
The next time you are an unfortunate victim of female infertility, we will recommend you come and try us out at Archish IVF. We are going to be your one-stop solution if you are looking for some of the most promising IVF treatment plans. Not just IVF, you will further receive ICSI, IUI and HSG treatment plans from our side as well.
So, without wasting any time further, we would recommend you to come and give us a call at +91 80888 86698. Make you to pre-book an appointment with us!